Learn about the Boston College Carroll School of Management (CSOM) acceptance rate, average GMAT/GRE scores, and more.
Boston College’s Carroll School of Management (CSOM) is one of the most well-respected business schools in the country, with a rich history and a reputation for excellence.
Founded in 1938, CSOM has been educating future business leaders for over 80 years, and it continues to be a destination for students who are looking for a top-notch business education.
So, what is it about CSOM that makes it so special? Well, for starters, the school has a rich tradition of excellence and a reputation for producing highly successful graduates. But there’s more to it than just a great reputation.
At CSOM, you’ll find a supportive community of students, faculty, and staff who are dedicated to your success.
You’ll also find a challenging and rigorous curriculum that will push you to reach your full potential. And, of course, you’ll benefit from the school’s location in the heart of one of the most exciting and dynamic cities in the world: Boston.
Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student, a degree from CSOM can open doors and provide you with the skills, knowledge, and connections you need to succeed in your chosen field.
So, if you’re considering applying to CSOM, let’s take a closer look at what the school has to offer, and see if it’s the right fit for you.
Boston College CSOM Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is 57%. This means that out of every 100 applicants, only 57 will be accepted into the program.
Boston College CSOM Average GMAT Score
The average GMAT score for students admitted to the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is 640. This score is considered to be above average and demonstrates a strong foundation in business and mathematics.
Boston College CSOM Average GRE Score
The average GRE score for students admitted to the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is 307. This score is also considered to be above average and demonstrates a strong foundation in verbal and quantitative reasoning.
Boston College CSOM Tuition
The tuition for the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is approximately $55,000 per year for undergraduate students and $26,000 per year for graduate students. This is a significant investment, but it’s important to remember that a degree from CSOM can provide a lifetime of career opportunities.
Boston College CSOM Admission Requirements
Admission to the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is a competitive process, but with the right preparation, it is possible to achieve your goal of attending this prestigious business school. So, what exactly do you need to do to apply to CSOM?
Here are the admission requirements for Boston College CSOM:
- Application: To start the process, you’ll need to submit a completed online application. This should include basic information about yourself, your academic background, and any relevant work experience.
- Resume: Along with your application, you’ll need to submit a current resume that highlights your educational and professional background.
- Essays: CSOM requires two essays, which allow you to tell the admissions committee more about yourself and why you’re interested in attending the school.
- Recommendations: You’ll need to provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your academic and professional abilities.
- Test Scores: CSOM requires either the GMAT or the GRE, and you’ll need to submit your scores as part of your application. The average GMAT score for accepted students is 640, while the average GRE score is 307.
- Transcripts: You’ll need to provide transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended, including any transfer credits.
- International Students: If you’re an international student, you’ll also need to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
- Interview: Some applicants may be invited to participate in an interview as part of the admission process.
Boston College CSOM Majors
The Carroll School of Management at Boston College offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in business and related fields. Here is a list of some of the majors offered at CSOM:
- Business Administration
- Management and Leadership
- Operations and Information Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
- Master of Science in Management (MSM)
In addition to these traditional business programs, CSOM also offers interdisciplinary programs and dual degree options, allowing students to combine their business education with studies in areas such as law, engineering, or computer science.
Boston College CSOM Faculty
The faculty at the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is made up of highly experienced and knowledgeable educators who are dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and professional goals. Here are some of the key features of the CSOM faculty:
- Expertise: The faculty at CSOM is comprised of experts in their respective fields, including finance, accounting, marketing, management, and more. This means that you’ll have access to the latest research and industry insights, and be taught by professionals who have a deep understanding of the subjects they’re teaching.
- Diversity: The CSOM faculty is diverse in terms of their backgrounds, expertise, and teaching styles, which ensures that you’ll be exposed to a variety of perspectives and approaches to business education.
- Accessibility: The faculty at CSOM is known for being approachable and accessible, and they’re always available to answer questions and offer guidance. This means that you’ll have the support you need to succeed, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Real-World Experience: Many members of the CSOM faculty have extensive real-world experience in the business world, which means that you’ll be learning from people who have worked in the industries and fields that you’re interested in.
- Passion for Teaching: The faculty at CSOM is passionate about teaching and helping students succeed. They’re dedicated to creating a supportive and engaging learning environment, and they’re always working to find new and innovative ways to help students reach their full potential.
What is the Carroll School of Management Known For?
The Carroll School of Management at Boston College is known for its rigorous academic programs, outstanding faculty, and commitment to ethical leadership. It is also known for its strong connections to the business community, providing students with ample opportunities for internships, career development, and networking.
The school’s focus on ethics and social responsibility sets it apart from other business schools and provides students with a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in their careers and life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CSOM College?
The Carroll School of Management (CSOM) at Boston College is a business school offering undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs.
Does CSOM require a Resume?
Yes, a resume is one of the required components of a complete application to the Carroll School of Management at Boston College.
How many people are in CSOM?
CSOM currently has a student population of 2,200 undergraduates and 900 graduate students, with a faculty of 150 full-time members.
What is the ranking of the Carroll School of Management finance?
The Carroll School of Management at Boston College is consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in the country, with its finance program being highly regarded. In 2021, it was ranked #14 for its finance program by U.S. News & World Report.
Is CSOM hard to get into?
With an acceptance rate of 57%, getting into the Carroll School of Management at Boston College is a competitive process. However, with hard work and dedication, it is possible to achieve your goal of attending this prestigious business school.
The Carroll School of Management at Boston College is a top-notch business school with a rich tradition of excellence and a reputation for producing highly successful graduates. With a supportive community, a challenging curriculum, and a location in one of the most exciting cities in the world, CSOM is a great choice for anyone who is looking for a top-notch business education.
However, admission to CSOM is a competitive process, and you’ll need to meet certain requirements to be considered for admission. This includes submitting a completed application, resume, essays, letters of recommendation, test scores, transcripts, and in some cases, participating in an interview.
But with the right preparation, dedication, and hard work, it is possible to achieve your goal of attending CSOM. So, if you’re interested in pursuing a business education at one of the best schools in the country, it’s time to start preparing your application and working toward your goal.
Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student, a degree from CSOM can provide you with the skills, knowledge, and connections you need to succeed in your chosen field. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to start your journey to a bright and exciting future at the Carroll School of Management at Boston College.