Explore the acceptance rate, required GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and more at West Virginia University. Discover what sets this university apart and make an informed decision for your next academic journey.
West Virginia University is a public research university located in Morgantown, West Virginia. Founded in 1867, the university has a rich history and has been providing quality education to students worldwide for over 150 years.
With its beautiful campus, active student life, and commitment to research and innovation, West Virginia University has become one of the leading universities in the United States.
When you step onto the West Virginia University campus, you feel a sense of tradition and pride.
The university has a long and storied history, having educated generations of students who have made a difference in their communities and the world.
West Virginia University has something to offer if you want to study engineering, education, business, or any other field.
As you wander around the campus, you’ll see students from all walks of life, from all over the world, pursuing their passions and dreams.
You’ll hear the sounds of laughter, conversation, and learning as students work together, study together, and build relationships that will last a lifetime.
The West Virginia University campus is alive with energy and excitement, and it’s impossible not to be inspired by the incredible opportunities available to students here.
This article will explore the West Virginia University acceptance rate, admissions requirements, tuition fees, and much more.
West Virginia University Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at West Virginia University is 72.6%, making it a moderately selective university.
This means that nearly three out of every four applicants are accepted into the university. The acceptance rate can vary yearly, so it is important to check the most current information when applying.
What is the required GPA of West Virginia University?
The minimum GPA required for admission to West Virginia University is 2.0. However, the average GPA of admitted students is typically higher, around 3.3.
West Virginia SAT and ACT required scores
The SAT scores required for admission to West Virginia University vary based on the major you are applying for. The average SAT scores for admitted students are between 1020 and 1160. The ACT scores required for admission also depend on the major you are applying for, with an average composite score of 21 to 27.
West Virginia Admissions Requirements
In addition to the GPA and standardized test scores, West Virginia University also considers other factors when evaluating applicants. These may include extracurricular activities, leadership experiences, and personal essays.
West Virginia List of Colleges
West Virginia University consists of the following colleges:
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources & Design offers agriculture, forestry, and wildlife management programs, among others.
- Eberly College of Arts & Sciences provides students with a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences.
- John Chambers College of Business & Economics offers undergraduate and graduate programs in business, economics, and related fields.
- College of Creative Arts offers programs in areas such as art, design, music, and theatre.
- Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering & Mineral Resources offers students a world-class education in engineering, computer science, and related fields.
- College of Education & Human Services prepares students for careers in education, human services, and related fields.
- Reed College of Media offers programs in journalism, media studies, and related fields.
- College of Law provides students with a rigorous legal education, preparing them for careers in the legal profession.
- School of Dentistry trains students to be competent, ethical dental professionals.
- School of Medicine provides students with a comprehensive education in the medical sciences and related fields.
- School of Nursing prepares students to become knowledgeable and compassionate nursing professionals.
- School of Pharmacy trains students to become knowledgeable and ethical pharmacists.
- School of Public Health provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to improve public health.
- College of Physical Activity & Sport Sciences prepares students for careers in physical activity, sports sciences, and related fields.
- University College is the home for interdisciplinary programs, offering students opportunities to explore diverse fields of study.
- Honors College provides students with an enriched academic experience, offering them interdisciplinary study, research, and leadership opportunities.
West Virginia University Majors
West Virginia University offers a wide variety of majors, including:
- Arts and Sciences
- Health Sciences
What is special about West Virginia University?
West Virginia University is a research-intensive university, and its commitment to research is reflected in its world-class facilities and resources.
The university also has a vibrant campus life, with over 300 student organizations and clubs to choose from.
Additionally, the university’s location in Morgantown offers students access to various outdoor recreation activities, including skiing, hiking, and kayaking.
West Virginia University Tuition Fees for in- and out-of-state students
The tuition fees for in-state students at West Virginia University are approximately $10,000 per year, while tuition for out-of-state students is approximately $24,000 per year.
West Virginia University Tuition Fees for International students
The tuition fees for international students at West Virginia University are approximately $28,000 per year.
How hard is it to get into West Virginia University?
Getting into West Virginia University can be challenging, as the acceptance rate is only 72.6%. However, the university also offers a wide range of scholarships and financial aid options, so it is possible to attend the university even if you do not have the required GPA or standardized test scores.
West Virginia University online certificates for undergraduates
- Early Childhood Development Undergraduate Certificate provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to work with young children and their families in a variety of settings, including childcare centers, preschools, and homes.
- The infant/Toddler Education Undergraduate Certificate is designed specifically for early childhood teachers. It provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to work with infants and toddlers in various settings, including childcare centers and homes.
These online certificates are designed for students who want to advance their careers or specialize in a particular area of early childhood education but need to commit to a full degree program.
The certificates can be completed online and provide students with a flexible and convenient way to gain new skills and knowledge.
West Virginia University undergraduate programs
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) is a comprehensive program that prepares students for careers in the business world. The curriculum covers various business topics, including management, finance, marketing, and economics.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is designed for students interested in pursuing a career as a registered nurse. The program covers the knowledge and skills required to provide patients with high-quality care and pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Regents Bachelor of Arts (RBA) is a unique program that allows students to complete a bachelor’s degree without meeting the formal requirements of a major. Students have the flexibility to design their interdisciplinary course of study, incorporating courses from a variety of academic disciplines. This program is ideal for students who have a wide range of interests and want to customize their education to meet their individual needs and goals.
West Virginia University Graduate degrees
- Doctor of Business Administration in Accounting (DBA-Accounting) prepares students to lead and advance the accounting profession. This program provides a strong foundation in accounting theory, practice, and research and covers financial reporting, auditing, and taxation topics.
- Master of Science in Business Cybersecurity Management (MSBCSM) is designed for students who want to specialize in cybersecurity management. The program covers the knowledge and skills needed to protect organizations from cyber threats and to develop effective cybersecurity strategies.
- Master of Science in Business Data Analytics (MSBDA) is designed for students who want to specialize in the field of business data analytics. The program covers the tools, techniques, and methodologies needed to collect, process, and analyze data, and to turn data into actionable insights.
- Master of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling (MSCRMHC) is designed for students who want to specialize in rehabilitation and mental health counseling. The program covers the knowledge and skills needed to help individuals with disabilities and mental health issues achieve their goals and improve their quality of life.
- Master of Science in Digital Marketing Communications (MSDMC) is designed for students who want to specialize in digital marketing communications. The program covers the tools, techniques, and strategies needed to create, execute, and evaluate effective digital marketing campaigns.
West Virginia University Associate degree programs
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration: This degree program is designed for students interested in pursuing a career in business. It provides a strong foundation in key business principles such as accounting, economics, and marketing. The curriculum emphasizes critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential for success in the business world.
- Associate of Arts in General Studies: This degree program offers students a broad-based education that touches on various disciplines, including humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and mathematics. The program provides students with a strong foundation in critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills that are valuable in many different career paths and the opportunity to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree.
West Virginia University online minors
- Business Administration
- Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Early Childhood Development
- Environmental Science
- Health Informatics
- Information Technology
- Sport Management
Is it expensive to study at West Virginia University?
The cost of attending West Virginia University varies based on factors such as tuition fees, room and board, and other expenses. However, the university offers a range of scholarships and financial aid options to help make education more affordable for students.
West Virginia University Social Clubs
West Virginia University offers a variety of social clubs for students to get involved in and make new friends, including:
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Mountaineer Maniacs
- Young Democrats
- Student Activities Board (SAB)
- Student Alumni Association (SAA)
- College Republicans
- WVU Gaming Club
- International Student Association (ISA)
- WVU Equestrian Club
- Outdoors Club
- WVU Mountaineer Marching Band
- Student Athletic Trainers Association (SATA)
- Film Club
- WVU Quidditch Club
- WVU Rugby Club.
Is West Virginia University a safe school?
West Virginia University has a dedicated police department that ensures students, staff, and faculty safety and security.
Does West Virginia University allow male and female students to live together?
Yes, West Virginia University allows male and female students to live together in co-ed dormitories.
West Virginia University offers a wealth of educational opportunities for students at all levels of study. Whether you are seeking an associate degree, a bachelor’s degree, a graduate degree, or a certificate program, the university has a wide range of programs and courses to meet your needs.
With its excellent faculty, modern facilities, and commitment to student success, West Virginia University is a top-notch institution that provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
If you are considering enrolling at West Virginia University, we encourage you to explore all the programs and opportunities that the university has to offer.
Whether you are interested in business, technology, education, the arts, or any other field, there is a program at West Virginia University that can help you achieve your goals.
So, to all students considering West Virginia University, we wish you all the best in your academic journey. Remember, with hard work and dedication. You can achieve anything you set your mind to.
And remember to check out our site for more informative articles. Good luck!